Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Look at Her Glob

Janet had a good day today. She was up in her chair more and got some things sorted through. Her color is good and she has a bit more appetite. She also got to look at her 'glob' for the first time! She especially appreciates the blog because her family back home can be kept up to date with how she's doing. Thanks to all of you who have commented on the blog! Pam gets back tomorrow morning and we are all excited to have her home again! Pray that she will have a safe trip and that she'll adjust well to being on this side of the world again. Pray, too, for all of us as we coordinate the care that Janet needs for the coming week.

Janet read a note today about 'the difficult time she's going through' and she stopped and looked at us and said, "What difficult time? This has been the best time of my life!" She said she knows she's going to see her Savior soon and in the meantime she is surrounded by friends who love and care for her. Only the Lord could give her such peace and joy in the midst of suffering!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking loving care of our friend from many years ago. Janet was always special.

    Pegity Wilson Laskey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Janet,

    I don't even know if you remember me...we were in Chiang Mai with you in 1994-96, and you taught our son Brandon at NTEC. I heard about your illness from Cathy Hall today. I did not know that you were still in Thailand. I have such fond memories of times with you! You have always been a light! May God be glorified now, in this chapter. I love you, Sher Nyquist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear, dear Janet,

    You are in our thoughts and prayers! I hope you remember me, back from 1994-1996. You were our son's teacher (Brandon) at NTEC. You have always been a light, and I have such fond memories of our times back then. God bless you in this journey!

    With love,

    Sher Nyquist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, know that you're constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I shopped at Rim Ping this week and found myself repulsed by the orange bag on your behalf. Looking forward to an opening in your social calendar. Love, Jennie G

    ReplyDelete