Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Janet's Testimony


The following is the testimony that Janet shared with her Thai church last Sunday….

Sawasdee Kha! (Thai greeting) I bring you greetings from your Christian brothers and sisters living in the land of Israel. I returned last week from three months in Israel and expected to worship with you last Sunday-- did you see me here? No, because I was in the Ram Hospital. I am so glad I could come today.

My time in Israel was wonderful. I lived in Jerusalem during the month of March (thought I would freeze to death there) and then stayed in a little apartment just outside of the city for April and May. I met so many lovely believers in Jesus Christ—like here in Sampatong/Maewong.

The three weeks before returning to Thailand I got sick, lost my appetite and was in a lot of pain. I thought it was a problem with my gallbladder. The doctor in Israel thought the same but told me to have some tests done at the hospital here if I continued to have pain. So, I returned Thursday night and went to Ram Hospital Friday morning to see a doctor. I had three days of tests and returned on Thursday morning to find out the results.

I was in shock. My gallbladder is fine but I have pancreatic cancer. I have adequate pain medication. My main symptoms are fatigue, no appetite and very dry mouth.

But my spirit is blessed with peace, peace of the father in the Lord Jesus Christ. I’m okay with it and you can be okay with it also. Don’t be afraid to talk with me about it. The Hebrew word for peace is Shalom so I have been using that greeting because it is so true in my present condition.

Shalom

Janet enjoying some Israeli food before she lost her appetite!

Janet and her friend, Janet, in Israel

2 comments:

  1. Dear Janet,
    I know your aunt, Jean Stuart, who shared this link with our church in Maryland. May God be with you, and all your friends, as you travel this life's journey. As you said, Shalom.
    Sarah Schutz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this journey. I am so glad you are at peace with this and that you are surrounded by love. Please know that we send our love to you too. You are a blessing to us Janet.
    Love, Lisa, Ken, Mason and Tyler Cummings

    ReplyDelete