Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally Home

At about 10:12 a.m., Thursday, July 16, 2009, Janet Gilliam left Chiang Mai, Thailand, and went to be with Jesus.

Janet last instructions were "Don't limit the celebration." She is now wearing her bridal dress as she requested.

Details of the funeral celebration are pending. We'll let you know as plans are made.

Thank you all for your prayers for Janet as she waited upon her Lord. Thank you for your continued prayers for her care givers and one another as we miss our dear sister and friend.

"We are of good courage, I say, and prefer to be absent from the body and to be home with the Lord."
2 Corinthians 5:8 NASB

3 comments:

  1. Janet's homegoing is much like the movie "End of the Spear", by Steve Saint about his father's death in Ecuador. The guys heard the choir - they saw the angels waiting for them - and so did the Aucas who were killing them! Let's pray that the doctors and nurses will be able to hear the music and see the Lord, too! Janet is one of our 'heros of the faith'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for keeping us updated.
    While there's joy that Janet is now with Jesus, grief will be a companion with you all as you journey through the coming days.
    Bless you all as you celebrate LIFE, bless you all as your hearts ache for a friend who's left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ALL for keeping me updated on Janet. I had the priviledge of meeting and knowing her about 8 years ago. Janet has been an inspiration to so many, including me.
    I rejoice in knowing that she is home with our Savior.
    I have always told my children that when the day comes that the Lord calls me home, I don't want flowers, instead take that money and have a big party. Just know that I am with my Lord.
    I am now praying for each of you, who so caringly gave Janet the best care possible. I feel that the Lord will give each of you a special crown when your time comes.
    God Bless Each and everyone of you.
    PJ DAVIS

    ReplyDelete