Saturday, July 11, 2009

Words from Janet

I (Pam) am sitting on Janet's bed, and she is feeling really well this morning, and even has been sitting up for the last 90 minutes in her great-grandfather's rocking chair (which we brought to the hospital for her). Thank you for your prayers last night, as her pain is more managed now.

These words are from Janet:

This morning is Saturday morning. Good morning friends and family. I am so glad to have this opportunity to say a few words. I'm so indebted to Deb who has written this blog for me, and I'm still learning about all of it, but I understand Pam and Mary have also written items of interest.

This of course has been a shock to all of us. However, I could not be better cared for anywhere in the world. This morning a former Thai pastor and his wife visited me here at the hospital. We have known each other over the past 18 years, as his church was the first Thai church I ever attended: Chiang Mai Blessings Church. Through all these years, we've remained in contact with each other, even though I don't go to the same church anymore.

What can I say?? It's just a real blessing to be here! I'm thankful for your love and encouragement. I could say a book about every person, every relationship, but I won't, because i'm too tired.

I was just so delighted that this morning Pam could talk with Dr. Suthipan when he came in, who is the psychiatrist on my team. He and Dr. Rattiya the oncologist have been wonderful in meeting my needs and keeping me comfortable. Dr. Suthipan wants to establish a foundation that will help fund Hospice Care in Thailand. Right now, there is no Hospice at all in Thailand, so people with terminal illness either are at home with no medical care, or in the hospital.

I just feel so privileged. I feel like as I'm on the edge of going home to be with my heavenly Father, I'm also on the edge of watching Hospice Care be established in Thailand.

I do feel close to going home. I'm ready! Please pray for Pam as she travels to Seattle tomorrow for her ministry with the missionary kids. She will be away for one week. Pray for Becky since she has to put up with Janet by herself when Pam's gone. (Becky's editorial comment: I'm privileged to do it! Pam's editorial comment: Becky definitely is not by herself, as there's a whole team of caregivers to help us.)

Okay, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment